Red Ice Radio interviews Jan Irvin

Jan Irvin - Trivium Education
August 18, 2011
Jan Irvin runs logosmedia.com, he is the author of "The Holy Mushroom" and "Astrotheology & Shamanism". He is also behind the DVD "The Pharmacratic Inquisition". Jan is with us to discuss a new aspect of his work and research called "The Trivium". Grammar, logic, and rhetoric are "the three ways" or "the three roads" that together with arithmetic, geometry, music, and astronomy, called "The Quadrivium", forms the seven liberal arts. This was the foundation of a medieval liberal arts education, something that almost altogether has been lost in our modern society and education system. Jan discusses the benefits of this ancient form of education and argues that within the methodology and approach of the seven liberal arts are vital keys that will aid anyone who is seeking "the truth". Later, Jan points out some of the fallacies that researchers and self acclaimed critics make.

Direct link to my interview on Red Ice Radio: http://www.redicecreations.com/radio/2011/08/RIR-110818.php

8 comments for “Red Ice Radio interviews Jan Irvin

1. August 20, 2011 at 5:00 am

Great job. Red Ice is my 2nd favorite podcast.

2. tOM
    August 20, 2011 at 12:55 pm

Its getting a bit repetitive here, any interviews with other guests lined up?

• Dillird
      August 21, 2011 at 4:49 pm

For me, I enjoy hearing the explanation repeated, it helps me to grasp the concept of the trivium, in all its simplistic beauty (it being so simple is probably the major obstacle in the way of fully understanding it). I for one am glad that Jan is fine-tuning his message, as it all becomes more succinct and easier to understand and communicate.
      The Trivium will make public schooling obsolete, and the meme shall be spread!
      Thanks Jan! And keep it up.

• Caelidh
        August 31, 2011 at 4:06 pm

I do as well. I think the repetition is good. Anyway, the information Is NOT be repeated for the audiences for each of these podcasts!

3. Johannus
    August 20, 2011 at 1:47 pm

Great interview Jan and Henrik. It’s all becoming so much clearer now.
    Thank you!

4. August 21, 2011 at 8:04 pm

Very Insightful! Good info always.

5. Ivo
    August 22, 2011 at 5:02 pm

Great work (again) Im trying to make a education page about the Trivium education, like what you present on the website Triviumeducation.com, for on the new we are change Holland website. So hopefully people will pick it up and stared thinking about what are the facts and what is faction or not relevant for the problem we have to solve first. So this interview with fit in perfectly for the introduction. Eventually I will link the readers to your website Triviumeducation.com and the tragedy and hope website for more details and interviews about the topic. Also I wane try to bring it more into the articles I write and maybe do a reading about it. Who know. Im very happy and thankful for all your work and that I found you guys in the beginning of my road to the rabbit hole or what ever you wane name it.

Keep up the good work, hope I can do a donation some time but just like time, money is going to fast to all the wrong pleases. Like my government L

Take care
    Ivo

6. Paul
    September 4, 2011 at 1:04 pm

Well done Jan! I think this is your best Trivium Interview so far. I am going to listen to it again. Your radio and podcast appearances on this topic are a good supplement to the written materials. I hope you keep talking about this on as many shows as possible.